Its so important to be happy
Often times life throws all kinds of things at you and it can get tricky to hold on to happiness. I was browsing through one of my many favorite blogs “hell in a bag” and came across a blog entry on “100 things that make me happy” and as I went through her list, I had such a smile on my face, that such silly little insignificant things can really bring happiness, so I set off writing about the stuff that makes me happy.
So here goes, in no particular order
1. Playing with my son
2. Random hugs from my son, followed by him saying “I love you mommy” then he carries on with what he was doing.
3. My dog Bailey, playing with her, even how she smells.
4. Alone time
5. My blog and browsing though other blogs. And getting compliments on my blog.
6. Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! Shoes!
7. Fashion! Fashion! Fashion!
8. Waking up to a bbm from by best friend!
9. The crazy chats I have with my best friend everyday, we have an off beat sense of humor and its not for everyone but we sure go to town with it!
10. Khanye West’s song “through the wire” and “sky high ft lupe fiasco” and so many more! I love music all kinds.
11. When I finish cleaning my place before 12pm so I can sit all day and catch up on my fave tv shows all day!
12. Flipping through channels and coming across an episode of fashion police or the Kardashians I haven’t seen.
13. The Shape of my legs
14. The heart shaped birth mark on my leg
15. Hearing my son laughing his head off
16. Nestle’s Cashew & Coconut chocolate
17. Days I have to get busy with my hair routine
18. Seeing my hair grow! And my hair line too!
19. Painting my nails… And not smudging them!
20. The smell of muddy dust in the air after rain
21. Rainy Days! Or Cold days spent in doors enjoying comfort food.
22. Laughing with my boyfriend or laughing at him!
23. Picking out an outfit, getting ready to go out!
24. When my friends bbm me out of the blue just to say they love me!
25. The silly little chats I have with my friend Jimmy on bbm almost everyday.
26. Discovering a new shop of silly little trinkets
27. Driving around down town jozi with my mom, its such a foreign place for me. Its like being in another world I swear!
28. Shoe shopping with my mom or any kind of shopping really.
29. Hanging around with my little brother and then we make fun of my mom! Or talk in our own lingo or hearing about his crazy friends and what they get up to!
30. The look on my son’s face when I pick him up after school and we go for ice cream or chocolate
31. When I can actually fall asleep without my mind wondering about.
32. The feeling you get after a really good prayer!
33. The look on my gran’s face when I show up without letting her know I’m coming
34. Chilling with my cousin Ulenda, its very rare but its so much fun when it does happen
35. Playing with my nephew Amogelang
36. Finding an awesome pair of heels!
37. The feeling of accomplishment I get after running for an hour flat!
38. Whenever I walk in a room and its all eyes on me!
39. Those days I wake up feeling really pretty for no reason!
40. Losing Weight.
41. The V forming on my thighs from all that jogging!
42. Watching the nanny, the hangover, sex and the city and all my favourite movies and tv shows
43. Laughing so hard that my eyes water and my tummy hurts.
44. Finding a song I’ve been looking for forever and then being able to download it on my phone for free
45. Paying back people I owe
46. The smell of leather in a new car
47. When a man smells good and I sort of catch his scent in the air
48. The feeling of freshly layed out sheets after a long shower
49. when my loved ones brag about me
50. Making people laugh
51. My christian dior perfume!
52. Seeing my perfume collection grow!
53. Accomplishing the mini targets I set myself everyday
55. When babies smile at me
56. Having money to blow
57. My Blackberry 9900 phone! Whatever would I do without it!
58.The many Birthday wishes I get on my birthday from people I haven’t spoken to in a while!
59. Bumping into an old friend
60. Bumping into ex when I look extra hot!
61. The feeling you get when you apply hand lotion on really dry hands
62. Shopping for beauty products at dischem
63. A cool passing breeze on a hot day
64. Summer day lunching with my friends!
65. My mom’s pap and chicken when I’m staaaaaaaaarving, simple and plain and delish!
66. Having fish and chips and then finding the last bit of atcha in the fridge to eat it with!
67. When I cook and everyone loves the meal!
68. Finishing off a cross word puzzle
69. When all my debit orders go off and I have a little more money than I thought I’ll have left!
70. Being told “you’ve got the job!”
71. Receiving shoes or perfume as gifts
72. Listening to old school music
73. Being able to sing along to my fave song without messing up until then end of the song
74. Hearing juicy gossip
75. That feeling you get after showering
76. The look on my colleagues when I look all girly and then my fave hip hop song plays and I rap along to it, they be like “wtf did she jus’ rap”
77. On the days I’m broke and I need to do my hair and I find all the ingredients to do a home remedy without having to go to the salon
78. When I bake a cake it comes out fabulous
79. Going out for drinks with friends
80. Talking to myself and actually making myself laugh
81. My ability to stay calm when sh!t gets tough
82. The look on people’s face when I tell them I don’t wear base on face, its only blush powder.
83. Drinking Joko tea with condense milk and having it “eet sum mor biscuits”, it remind me of my paternal granny who passed away.
84. Hearing stories about my dad
85. Finding out that some of the old school music I love are the same ones my dad loved.
86. Having good dreams about my dad or my uncle. They’ve both passed away.
87. Making my granny happy.
88. When my mom tells me she’s proud of me.
89. When my little brother says I’m “a cool sister”
90. Walking around the hood (alex) with my cousin, she’s like a mini celebrity there
91. Receiving compliments
92. When my gay friends tell me I look hottt! Those guys never lie, so actually getting it right by their standards is quite a feat.
93. A clean sink with no dishes in it.
94. Coming home to a super clean home after a long day
95. Buying stuff for my son
96. Paying off an account
97. A tidy wardrobe. Even though it never lasts, by the third day that dream is over…
98. Looking for a new place to live in
99. Being in love and being loved.
100. The feeling of hope when things don’t go right
101. Being alive, especially when I think of how my uncle lost his life.
you’re my sugar honey iced tea baby, thanks for reading this *kisses*